Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Today at Target

I rarely shop at Target. It reminds me too much of itself, and since I don't think highly of Target, that can only end in failure.

But today I was looking for a large package of rubber bands, because I am attempting to make a viral video similar to those seen on YouTube that usually involve quarters and a large, large number of outtakes.

Anyway, I'm searching the aisles for rubber bands when I find them in the corner of the office supplies section, right underneath the staples. There is only one package of them on the shelf. Not one package left but only one type of package, and it is a package of rubber bands of varying sizes.

So I ask you, Target, how many people go to the store looking for a package of various sized rubber bands? Do people often say to themselves "You know what? I have a lot of mailing to do, and since all of the packaging is of varying lengths and widths, I need a package of equally varied rubber bands in order to accommodate my needs." No, I don't believe they do.

No comments: